Friday, February 15, 2008

Favorite Foto Friday!.."Sleeping Angles"





I just love this weeks theme! Sara is so right..It is just so sweet to watch our children sleep in their beds. There is always a special feeling I get when I see Jonathan sleeping. I hate so much putting him down after I rock him to sleep. Yes,...I do rock him to sleep every time. :) I will continue to do it for as long as he lets me. Everyone tells me not to do it and stop now so I won't have a problem later. I do it because Im Grandma and I know just how fast time is going to go from lots of experience and so very soon..he won't want me to rock him to sleep. Did I do it with Amy Joy and Jordan?..you bet I did not on a regular basis..because God forbid I didn't want any kind of problem later like so many said I would have. One time as we were coming in from the house, I had to use the bathroom so I put him down in his crib since it was nap time. I heard him fussing..by the time I got to him he was holding on to his blanket tight and sleeping. I had such a sad feeling that he had to fall asleep on his own. I did not like that feeling at all. I know you all think IM crazy...lol..but probably none of you are "Grandmas" that are reading this. I soak up every minute when Im rocking him to sleep. He loves it..and I think I love it more!

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.
Proverbs 15:13

Love and Hugs!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I like to rock my babies to sleep too... and Sophie is getting all the cuddling that my other two will not accept any more! I don't blame you one bit for rocking that sweet grandbaby to sleep... he is too cuddly looking!

Faithful Froggers said...

So, so sweet! I just love a sleeping baby.

Rock all you want . . . and enjoy every sweet minute of it. That's what Grandma's are for! :)

Have a great weekend!
Love & FROG,
Heather

Lori said...

Sweet sleeping angel~
I love watching my boys too. :)

Jennifer said...

Hi Amy,
I've never rocked my kids to sleep (only because they didn't seem to need it) BUT, before I had kids I thought it was terrible to let them sleep with you. I now have 3 kids and some nights ALL 3 of them are sleeping all cuddled up beside me! I agree that they grow too fast and that one day all the rocking, cuddling, and wanting to sleep next to us will be gone. I say we should take advantage of it while we can! Jonathon is absolutely GORGEOUS and I can easily see why you would never want to put him down!

Have a great week!
Jennifer

Tonya said...

Hey there Amy,
It was so nice to hear from you today. I've been out of "blog land" for so long and have missed so many wonderful opportunities to meet and bond with my sisters in CHRIST. (I've MISSED all of you!)

I sure hate that I missed the sleeping baby, foto friday! I ALSO LOVE sleeping babies! As for rocking that precious boy to sleep... well, as long as his Mama is okay with it... then there is NO PROBLEM! I personally DID rock Brent to sleep. (He was my FIRST and I couldn't make myself put him down) BUT OHHHHH how I paid for it later! He got to the point of having to have me hold him EVERY time it was time for a nap. That of course wasn't convenient when I was out running errands or had a second baby to hold. Now that Brent's no longer with us... I can't say that I regret all those moments, but in all honesty, I DID FORBID ANYONE to hold/rock the second and third when they got sleepy. O:-)

It was WONDERFUL to lay that sweet smiling baby down and then hear is cooing when he awoke. (Brent was pretty much ALWAYS crying for me when he woke because I was the last thing/person he saw when he fell asleep. I guess it scared him that I wasn't still there?) At any rate... whatever works for you guys is what's BEST for you guys. They are PURE INNOCENCE when they're sleeping. It's like getting a peep at a REAL-LIVE ANGEL! =-) It TRULY is TORTURE to NOT touch them when they're sleeping. =-)

LOVE YOU,
Tonya

Tara said...

Absolutely 100% angel baby! What an awesome grammy you are to rock him :)

Tonya said...

Amy, I CAN'T WAIT to see what pics you post of that beautiful baby tomorrow! (Hint hint...) O:-)

Hope you're having a great week...
LOVE YOU,
Tonya

Rachel said...

So sweet!

Our Family